Kodi is a great choice for Android users if they want a media player. It is arguably the best media player and online media streamer on the Android platform. If you want to know more about the app and in detail, then read our complete guide on Kodi APK Download App Update Kodi for Android.
The first thing you have to know about Kodi APK is that it is free to download for Android. Now, that you could consider as a sigh of relief because often some of the great apps come with a price tag. It has tons of features and it is only a great thing that it is available for free.
Kodi APK is available for Android officially on the Google Play Store and can also be installed through an alternate method. Let’s have a look at both of them in detail.
Kodi APK Download (Official Kodi for Android):
You can consider Kodi to be an all-rounder app. You can use it to play media already present on your phone. Or you can also use it to stream online Movies, Music, Shows, etc and even download them on your device. Now, this is only a portion of what’s about to come.
Let’s save the goodies for later and first see how you can get Kodi App on your Android phones and tablets using the Google Play Store.
Install Kodi on iPhone
- Any Android user knows that if you want to install app or games from the Google Play Store, you need a Google Account.
- So I’m assuming that everyone of you has a Google Account. If you are a new user and don’t have one, you can get one for yourself or rather make it; from this link: Create a Google Account
- Once you have the account ready, sign into the Play Store and open it.
- Tap on the Search icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Type “Kodi” and it hit Enter.
- Select the App from the search results and which will take you to its page.
- Now, click the green “Install” button. Tap on “Accept” if it asks for permissions.
- The download will start after that and as soon as the App is downloaded, Google Play will install it on your phone or tablet.
This was the simple procedure for getting Kodi from the Google Play Store. The Play Store has the largest arsenal of apps and games for Android users. So, it is only natural that you prefer the Google Play over other sources.
Download Kodi APK for Android
Now, if you are having a bad day or bad luck in general; Google Play will decide to add to the misery. It will show server errors or insufficient storage issues. But at the end of the day, you won’t be able to install Kodi App from the Google Play Store.
When and if that happens, then you should choose a different path which here, is the alternate installation maneuver to install Kodi APK. You can try this gimmick and it works almost all the times, but it is not as reliable as the former method.
Before you run off to install the method, keep this in mind. We are downloading the Kodi APK from a source other than Google Play, so you have to do the following things first.
- Open Settings.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Security/Applications Settings.
- Toggle the Unknown Sources to ON.
Now, onto the download steps.
- To kick off this routine, you would have to first download the Kodi APK file from the link that we have provided in this section. Download the APK file from here.
- Choose the file according to the architecture of your phone’s processor; like x86 for devices with Intel processors and ARM for the rest of them.
- Once you have decided on one, download that Kodi APK file.
- Then, go to the downloads folder and tap on the file that you just downloaded.
- It will start the installation process. Keep clicking “Next” on the screen until “Install” appears in its stead.
- Tap on “Install” and your work here is done. The Android OS will install the Kodi APK on your device.
The process is basically the same for Android phones and tablets. So, you don’t have to worry about looking for a separate method for tablets and phones. This will work for both of them in exactly the same manner.
Features of Kodi for Android
In this section, you are really in for a treat if you don’t already know what Kodi is capable of doing. Those who have used the app prior to reading this article must know how amazing it is. It has a ton of features and it doesn’t really charge anything for its services.
Know how to use Kodi with Chromecast
Kodi for Android houses some of the most amazing features ever seen in media players and media streaming apps alike. It gives tough competition to similar media streaming apps and services like Netflix, Hulu, Hotstar, etc. While it has received criticism for granting unauthorized access to copyright content, it is a great app nonetheless.
- Play media from your local as well as network storage like hard disks, DVDs, Blu-Ray disc, and cloud storage among others.
- Kodi APK can play video and audio formats that you have ever seen and then some more.
- Some of the supported video formats include AVI, AMV, MPEG, ASP, etc.
- It can also play audio formats like AIFF, MIDI, AAC, AC3, DTS, and of course, MP3.
- The app also supports the installation of Add-ons with the help of which you can stream Movies, Shows, and much more on the internet.
- You can also apply skins to the app’s interface and change its look and interface if you’re fed up with the old one.
With all these features incorporated into it, there’s hardly any chance that you won’t love Kodi. Don’t take my word for it. You can check it out for yourself once you download and start using it. And you’ll see that I wasn’t wrong any step of the way.
Alternatives for Kodi for Android
If you are still not satisfied with what you’ve read or heard or seen so far, then don’t worry because we have a list ready for you. This list contains some of the best apps that the internet has to offer as a substitute to Kodi APK. Now, keep in mind that all of these apps are great but none of them are capable enough to replace Kodi.
Anyway, let’s take a loot at some of the apps that are similar to Kodi in some of the features and functions.
With Plex, you can access your Plex server. But for that, you’ll have to first install the Plex Server on your PC. Don’t worry about that, it is not that difficult.
You can play media from either of the three sources: Local Storage, Cloud Storage, or some live TV providers. Users have to make at least one purchase to use the services and subscribe if you want to have more features.
So, these were the two of the best alternatives to Kodi that you can get on your Android device to get started with streaming your favorite Movies, Shows, and songs.
With this, we would like to thank you for reading this article to its very end with the utmost patience. I’m sure that this post on Kodi APK Download App Update Kodi for Android has given you some insight on the app if not more. Share your feedback with us at Kodi App.