Some of you may have an idea about the app in discussion and also what it is about. Kodi is a media player or media center, whatever you may like to call it and has some amazing features. So, in this post, we’re going to have a discussion on Kodi for iPhone Download & Install Kodi iOS, iPad.
Kodi for iPhone allows users to play media from their local or external storage and external storage. They can even choose to play from the cloud-based storage like iCloud. iPhone users can also stream Movies and listen to Songs from the internet with the help of Add-ons in Kodi for iPhone.
I will try not to spoil everything before the article actually starts. We will get to the features part later on in this post. But first, let’s see how you can Install Kodi for iPhone and other iOS devices.
Install Kodi for iPhone Download
Fortunately, Kodi for iPhone is available but not in the way you would think. By that, I mean that the app is not available on the iTunes App Store. Now, this may seem like a problem to a few users in the sense that they could not download and install Kodi for iPad as they would other apps from the Apple App Store.
But that shouldn’t be a problem as long as you’re are ready to do what it takes to get Kodi on iPhone. You can still install the app on your iOS devices but the process is gonna be a little bit longer than the usual one. It will also require you to have some patience and follow the steps carefully.
Now, there are actually methods by which you can install Kodi for iPhone. One of them is for the jailbreak devices and the other is for the non-jailbreak ones. But both of them are not accessible to the non-jailbreak users. We will explain how to carry out both of them in separate sections.
Kodi for iPhone with Jailbreak
We will get this thing started with the jailbreak method of Kodi for iPad and other devices, as it is easier than the other one. Now, many iOS users may already have put their phones through the process of jailbreak. What jailbreak does is, it gives you access to more features and a bit more apps than the Apple Store.
You will like reading Kodi on Roku
Jailbreaking the device voids your warranty. So, if you’re warranty period is still on, you shouldn’t do it and put your device in peril just to get the easier method. But if you are well beyond the period, then you might as well get it over with and enjoy it.
- The first thing you are going to need to move forward with this process is the Cydia package installer.
- It most probably is already present on your jailbroken iPhone. Open it and tap on Sources from the bar at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, click “Edit” and then “Add”.
- Now, a small pop-up will appear with a blank field for entering the URL.
- There you have to enter this following web address: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/
- After typing the link, click “Add Source” on the pop-up windows.
- Next, it will display a list of different sources. You have to select the “team Kodi” Source from the list.
- Tap on “All Packages” after that and it will display a file named “Kodi-iOS”.
- When you tap on that file, it will display the file’s properties on the next screen.
- On the top-right corner, there is an “Install” button. Tap on it and then click “Confirm”.
- The process will take a few minutes and it will notify you once it is over.
After you have gone through this steps, you just have to exit Cydia and you will find the Kodi icon on your Home screen. Tap on it to open the app and enjoy all the entertainment that you’ve ever wanted. Of course, you’ll need to have a good and stable internet connection.
Kodi no iPhone without Jailbreak
Now that we have discussed the jailbreak method to install Kodi on iPhone, we shall now see a method for the non-jailbreak users. This method is a little bit more lengthy than the previous one but rather easy and simple to follow. If you haven’t jailbroken your iOS device yet, there is no need to go through with it because you can use this one.
There are a couple of things that you need to have with you before you start the Kodi for iPhone installation process. You need to at least have access to those things for the process if not own them. Let’s see what you need for this process.
- Access to Mac computer or laptop.
- Xcode 7 for Mac or a higher version of the app.
- iOS App signer.
- A Type-C USB cable to connect your device to the Mac.
- Kodi installation package for iPhone
If you don’t own a Mac, then you can ask one of your friends to lend you one for some time. So, onto the steps now.
- Install the two apps on the Mac and then connect your iPhone or iPad/iPod touch to the Mac via the USB cable.
- Launch Xcode and select “Create New Project”.
- Choose “Applications” from the left-hand side and click “Single View Application” on the right-hand side.
- After that Xcode will require you to type in an app name and organization name. The name can be Kodi and the other one has to be unique like com.your-name or anything similar.
- Select a location to save it and hit “Create”.
- Xcode will show up an error. Press “Fix Issue” to resolve it.
- A small window will pop up on which you have to click “Add”.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Choose one of the development teams and it will fix the issue.
- Now, open the iOS App signer and click “Browse” beside Input file and select the Kodi for iPhone Installation package that we have downloaded.
- Select the profile that we created in step 4 for “Provisional Profile” field.
- In the App Display name, enter Kodi and hit Start.
- It will create the IPA file of Kodi for iPhone.
- Go back to Xcode and click the Windows tab from the bar on top of the screen.
- Choose Devices from the drop down menu and click on your device.
- You have to be careful with this step. In the window on the right side, click the small “+” sign from the bottom-left corner.
- Navigate to the IPA file that we created in step 13 and hit Open. This will install Kodi for iPhone on your device.
This is it. The installation procedure will roughly take 10-15 seconds and then you will have Kodi iOS on your iPhone or iPad/iPod Touch. I know the process is a bit lengthy but that is what you have to do to install the app on your non-jailbreak device.
Features of Kodi iOS
Once you have got Kodi iOS, you must be itching to find out all that it does as a media player and a media streaming app. Surely you could find out what it does over time by using it and searching on the internet. But you won’t find much and not exactly how it works or does.
Check this out: Install Kodi on Mac
In this section, we have made a list with some of the most common and amazing features. It will surely give a solid idea about the specs of Kodi for iPad and other iOS devices. So, are you ready to get your mind blown?
- With Kodi on iPhone, you can play media from your local and network storage like Cloud Storage.
- One of the more amazing features of the media player is that you can even view pictures from your device. Isn’t that amazing?
- Kodi for iPhone allows iOS users to play from physical media like BluRay, DVD, external hard drives etc.
- If you want to explore new Movies and Shows from the internet, then Kodi has an option for that. You have to install Add-ons on the app.
- These Add-ons allow you to stream Movies, Anime, Shows, Cartoons, etc from sources on the internet and download them too.
- Just as for the Movies, you can also listen to Music according to your taste.
- Skins that you can download from the internet help you change the appearance and interface. This is helpful when you want a change from the old appearance of the app.
- It can play all the video and audio formats that you can ever imagine. And trust me, you won’t ever complain about the app not being able to play some format.
- You can easily Install Kodi for iPhone and it just as easily available for the rest of the platforms like Android, Windows, Mac OS, Linux and Raspberry Pi.
Once you have read this features of the app, I am sure that you won’t have any qualms about going through with the long process of installing it. If you don’t believe me, then you can always use the app and see for yourself.
After you have read this article in its entirety, you will that Kodi for iPhone is a truly great app. This post on Kodi for iPhone Download & Install Kodi iOS, iPad contains all the information that you need to know about the app. For any further queries, contact us at Kodi Download App.