Roku is a digital media player and media streaming set-top box from Roku Inc. It is very great and is one of the best media players out there. And for a great media player device, you need a great app too. So, here we are about to start our discussion on Kodi on Roku How to Install Kodi Roku Guide.
Now, for those who have been wondering about what the app is, Kodi on Roku is a very amazing app that serves as a media player as well as a media streaming app. You can watch thousands of Movies and TV Shows from various internet sources as well as play media from your local storage and network storage.
You can even listen to songs and view pictures by using Kodi on Roku. And in this part of the post, we are going to see how exactly you can use the app on Roku.
Install Kodi on Roku
If you are curious to install Kodi on Roku, then you must keep in mind some things that are vital to this process. The App is available for most of the set-top boxes and similar streaming devices like Amazon Fire Stick TV, Apple TV, etc. But the shocking thing is that you can’t officially install Kodi on Roku.
You might also like Kodi with Chormecast
However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it refrains you from using Kodi for Roku. You can still use the app on Roku to get unlimited entertainment. Follow these steps to do that.
- There is a feature on Roku called “Screen Mirroring”. It replicates the whole screen of your Android phone plays it on your TV.
- Make sure that your Roku and your Android phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Note that this feature Screen mirroring won’t work with iOS devices.
- Press the home button on your Roku remote.
- Go to Settings from the menu.
- Locate System and enter it.
- You’ll find the “Screen mirroring” option which you will have to click on.
- Find the “Cast” feature in the Settings menu of your Android device and turn it on. This option is different for different devices and you have to find it which is not difficult. You can take the help of Google for this one.
- Once you find it, establish a connection with Roku and the work is almost done.
- Open the Kodi App on your Android device and open any video you like. It will then automatically start streaming onto your TV.
So, these were the steps to get the job done and watch Kodi on Roku. Now, if you do these steps right, then you just might hit the mark and get the best quality out of entertainment. There are some pros and cons of using Kodi for Roku and we have explained them in this next portion of the article.
Pros and Cons of Kodi Roku
The results of using Kodi with Roku is like the two sides of the same coin. There are some benefits and also some shortcomings of the method. Now, you may want to focus on the positive points rather than the negative ones if you want to get the best out of the combination.
Check out Kodi for PS4
The pros are that you get to watch the Movies and Shows on a much bigger screen than your smartphone or tablet. But the biggest shortcoming is that there is no official app available for the Roku platform. So, when you use screen mirroring, you may not get the best result at all times and that is a let down for some of the people.
So, if you give preference to watching things on a bigger screen rather than the quality, which is not much distorted, then you must really go for this one.
This brings us to the conclusion of the post on Kodi on Roku How to Install Kodi Roku Guide. I would like to think that there is no confusion regarding this method now that you have the whole guide to yourself. If you have further questions, then ask them at Kodi App.